Monday, January 16, 2012

Mind Readers

I seem to have a difficult time coming to grips with the fact that Dallas is not a mind readers. I end up not communicating my feelings because I just assume he knows what I am thinking because in my mind, it is so obvious that I would be feeling a certain way after something was said or done. This usually leads to me becoming frustrated that he is not aware of my feelings, but in reality, how is he supposed to know what I am feeling when I have not once said anything about it? Most men do not have a sixth sense when it comes to emotions, and I tend to forget that.

Just the other week I was so upset that he kept playing his computer in bed when I was trying to go to sleep. In my mind I thought, “obviously the volume of his computer and his constant clicking is making it hard for me to sleep, so he must be aware of it.” I didn’t say anything for a week, because in my mind I thought, "I am going to be patient!" and then finally all my bottled up emotions just poured out and his perfect response was, “Oh I didn’t know it bugged you, I will just go in the other room! You should have told me.”

Well. That sounds easy enough. I just have to say what I am feeling. How bizarre! You think this was an obvious solution that I would have thought of at the beginning of the week, but no... Apparently my brain is much too complex to realize such a simple solution.

Thank you to my husband for dealing with my crazy self. He knows me better than I know myself most times.

On another note, we have decided to rename our kitty to Bandit. Because he is constantly getting in trouble.

Yes, he always has that cute/innocent look

2 comments:

  1. You aren't really goin to rename him are you?! Talk about identity crisis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! You get to have a kitty! I am so freaking jealous! Also the best advice I ever received and would really help if I remembered to do it all the time is: don't expect the unexpressed.

    Looking forward to next Monday.

    ReplyDelete