Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kids

Well Dallas and I had quite a memorable weekend. We babysat our two nephews and our niece for the weekend. Everything was going so well. We watched lots of movies and took them to McDonalds so they could play in the playground.

Then we woke up Baby Chase from his nap and he threw up all over my arm and all over the carpet. I panicked and handed Chase off to Dallas, who then threw up ALL over Dallas. His shirt was soaked. So Dallas went and cleaned up with Chase and I spent the next hour dabbing throw-up out of the carpet. When Chase came back down he came over to me and then threw up next to the spot I had just finished cleaning. Excellent. At this point, the older brother Garret is now starting to feel sick. We decide to just put all the kids to bed early and put a bucket next to Garret's bed just in case.

Dallas and I were exhausted by the time we got in bed. Is this how parents all feel when they get in bed every night? Then I hear a noise and Dallas goes to check on Garret. Garret has thrown-up all over his sheets, his blankets and all over the carpet. Right. Next. To that. Bucket... So close. By then I had used all the carpet cleaner earlier that day, so we spent the next hour or so dabbing out more throw-up with water. Dallas and I were just laughing the entire time about how ridiculous this day has been.

So the next day, Chase throws up all over the couch, by then Dallas and I are about to loose it. Then Ella starts to throw up, but luckily she makes it to the bathroom, bless you child. We decide to take them to their Grandma's house a little earlier than planned because we didn't really get much homework done. Then that night, Dallas starts to throw up! So he spent to whole day being sick yesterday. Poor guy.

And that was our lovely weekend taking care of three kids with the flu :) I now have a whole new appreciation for my parents and all the times I threw up in very inconvenient locations. Dallas and I have decided to wait even longer to have kids after all this. Absolutely nooooo rush there.

3 comments:

  1. ohh you poor things! that SUCKS! and is just a tiny bit funny too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh btw i love the look of the blog! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is maybe the funniest thing i've seen all day. although i did wake myself up in the middle of the night laughing and AShlee remembered that as well.

    ReplyDelete