Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Skincare addict

So I'm turning into a skincare addict. I just want to have clear skin, is that too much to ask for? I have been researching for the past month and finally just purchased some new things that should be arriving in the mail this week! Yay!

I am most excited about starting to use this oil cleansing method. Rubbing my face in oil sounded horrifying to me at first. But your face gets clogged with its own sebum oil and like dissolves like, so cleaning your face with oil actually breaks down all the dirty oil in your face and helps clean your pores out. Who knew! So I've ordered some Castor oil and Jojoba oil and plan on buying some Extra Virgin Olive Oil as well. I will report back with my findings. So far I have read that people have been having awesome results. I have started using mineral oil after I wash and moisturize my face. It basically acts as a water barrier, not letting water in or out, which has kept my face nice and hydrated this winter.

I think my biggest problem is not drinking enough water. The few months before my wedding I drank probably 4-5 water bottles a day and my skin was flawless. I just need to be more dedicated!

Anyways, today I entered into my first 5k with Dallas' family. I don't think I know what I've gotten myself into. My main motivating factor is that I get a t-shirt. Not really... mostly it is to support Dallas... but deep down I am motivated by the t-shirt that I will get. It better be good!

1 comment:

  1. i swear by oil on my face! i use bio oil, it is amazing, if I could I would take a bath in it. I just mix a little in with my face lotion or just straight on my face before bed. I wake up and my skin looks like freaking baby skin. It is supposed to be awesome for scars and stretch marks. Congrats on your first 5k!!

    ReplyDelete